We held back our traditional May competition as we knew there was an announcement imminent. As it has been announced that LNER is replacing Virgin Trains East Coast (VTEC) from 24 June 2018 we've decided to make June the 'Countdown to LNER'.
As well as the prize draw we'll also be taking a look back at VTEC and a look forward to what we hope LNER will offer.
There will be multiple ways of entering the prize draws please check back for others as we'll reveal a new one each day. Each person can have a maximum of five entries in the main draw. We will also be doing the occasional flash draws through the month.
1st prize - a first class return valid on LNER
2nd prize - £20 in LNER catering vouchers (offered as 4x£5 vouchers and valid for on-board catering on LNER services)
Other spot prizes will be offered outside of the main draw.
LNER is taking over the operations of Virgin Trains East Coast from 24 June and the services offered will remain the same. LNER will operate the main InterCity services along the East Coast Mainline.
The first way to enter is to simply retweet our #CountdownToLNER post. This is a simple one to begin with but other ways to enter will appear over the coming days.
#CountdownToLNER - it's June and to celebrate #LNER launching on 24 June follow+RT to #WIN a first class return ticket for anywhere on their route! More info: https://t.co/yE0oOE1aQ5 pic.twitter.com/F0L87IZZ2I
— Save EC Rewards (@SaveECRewards) 1 June 2018
Answer this question on Twitter, remember to include the #CountdownToLNER hashtag
Which station was this picture taken? pic.twitter.com/i3Bd7eD0lN
— Save EC Rewards (@SaveECRewards) 2 June 2018
On our video (https://t.co/DLkMltCSl4) what type of train is getting debranded?
— Save EC Rewards (@SaveECRewards) 3 June 2018
#win for another entry in our #CountdownToLNER draw we have an easy VTEC question for today. Which class locomotive is pictured here (43, 90 or 91)?
Rules and prize info: https://t.co/vytMDrIZgN
Please reply to this tweet with the answer and the #CountdownToLNER hashtag pic.twitter.com/73Zdn9IDrA
— Save EC Rewards (@SaveECRewards) June 4, 2018
If you're out and about on the @Virgin_TrainsEC route today. Take a look out for some of these special locomotives. Including the new @YorkPride #Trainbow and @getnorth2018. Got any pics of these? Tag them #CountdownToLNER for an entry into our draw: https://t.co/vytMDrIZgN pic.twitter.com/94IzfbtQM9
— Save EC Rewards (@SaveECRewards) 5 June 2018
So for today's entry in the #CountdownToLNER competition, take a look at the picture in the quoted tweet and tell me where in York that picture was taken.
Prizes and rules: https://t.co/vytMDrIZgN #win https://t.co/vII8Cub0ji
— Save EC Rewards (@SaveECRewards) June 10, 2018
- This competition is open to all Twitter users who follow @SaveECRewards as well as Facebook users who like the Save East Coast Rewards Facebook page. Only restrictions are those that are known personally to the contributors to this site are not eligible to enter (i.e. friends, family and colleagues of contributors can't enter).
- The tickets must be booked at least two weeks in advance, tickets will not be available to/from London in the Monday morning or Friday evening peak periods.
- The grand prize is for a first class return (or two singles) anywhere on the route network of LNER. If preferred the two singles may be used in other combinations, such as two people travelling one way on the same train .
- Winner will be announced by Twitter direct message or Facebook message on 1st July 2018. The winner will have 3 days to reply confirming acceptance of the prize. If they refuse the prize (or don't reply) another winner will be drawn.
- The grand prize will be distributed to the winner in the form of an e-ticket if it is available on this route, the winner will need to print out this ticket before travelling.
- Any personal information collected for fulfilling delivery of the prizes will only be used for this purpose and will not be retained.
- The winner will need to provide real name and email address for the delivery of the e-ticket (or postal address if e-ticket is not available). This information will not be retained or published.
- Winner must consent to their Twitter username or Facebook name being published on this website and our Twitter and Facebook pages. The only additional publicity required is the winner must publicly acknowledge the prize on their social media account.
- This competition is run for the purpose of raising awareness of the Save East Coast Rewards campaign. It is not affiliated with LNER or Virgin Trains East Coast.
- Tickets must be booked by 30 September 2018.
- There will be multiple ways of entering this competition, the individual requirements for each entry are listed separately.